WHO | WHAT | WHY | HOW
What is ALPHA? ALPHA is a practical introduction to the Christian faith that gives guests an opportunity to explore questions about God and the Christian faith. ALPHA is fun, relaxed, and totally non-pressured (that’s probably why over 25 million people around the world have already done it). Listen, learn, discuss, and discover. Ask anything. Alpha is a place where no question is off limits.
How does it work? Each Alpha session begins with food, followed by a short talk looking at a different aspect of the Christian faith. After that, there is a time for discussion in a friendly small group. You can ask questions, or choose not to. Up to you.
Who is ALPHA for? ALPHA is for everyone, especially:
- Those wanting to investigate Christianity
- Those who are new to the Christian faith
- Those wanting to grow in understanding and faith
What is the cost?
- There is a one-time cost of $10 to purchase the ALPHA manual. Everything including the dinner is free. Though we appreciate any donation to help offset food costs. Limted Childcare is available upon request and approval.
Where will it be held?
- First Presbyterian Church of Honolulu (at the Koolau Golf Course): 45-550 Kionaole Road, Kaneohe, HI 96744.
When is the next ALPHA?
The next ALPHA is from April 19 to June 28, 2017 (Wednesday nights) from 6:30 pm -8:30pm.
Come and check it out, the first session is a fun night that overviews the course. We’ll have food and fun. If you like what you see, come again. No pressure.
Here is a sample schedule of what ALPHA looks like: meal, a talk, and discussion. The talks each week cover the following topics, which people are then free to discuss in the small groups afterwards:
Alpha Course Schedule:
Week 1 • Is there more to life?
Week 2 • Who is Jesus?
Week 3 • Why did Jesus die?
Week 4 • How can we have faith?
Week 5 • Why and how do I pray?
Week 6 • Why and how should I read the Bible?
ALPHA DAY-AWAY: June 3, 2017 • Saturday • 8:30 am - 3:00 pm • First Prez
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- What does the Holy Spirit do?
- How can I be filled with the Holy Spirit?
- How can I make the most of the rest of my life?
Week 7 • How does God guide us?
Week 8 • How can I resist evil?
Week 9 • Why and how should I tell others?
Week 10 • Does God heal today?
Week 11 • What about the church?
Please call 808-532-1111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.